Anyone can have a website with WordPress, even if you know nothing about creating a site or hosting one. WordPress.com provides free-hosting¹ of your WordPress based site/blog, including many free features. You also have the option of hosting your own website by paying a hosting service provider such as Godaddy.com (the preferred by CC Publications) or others, such as BlueHost being the most popular. (The subject of paid or free hosting is addressed in a separate article.) Now, let’s talk about the benefits of having a WordPress based site/blog.
- It’s free!! That’s right, completely free.
- It’s very easy to learn. There is a forum of step by step guidance provided by WordPress.org and many veteran members responding users’ questions.
- It comes loaded with free stuff such as design themes, automated translation, widgets for social connections and many more.
- It’s extendable and you can add many plugins, free or paid, to do many additional functions.
- It’s search engine friendly, secure and easy to manage.
- Even a lay person can create a very sleek website with WordPress!
If you are interested in learning WordPress, here’s a site that teaches WordPress for beginners. Enjoy it!
¹ Free account users have ads imposed on their sites. To remove ads costs $30 per year.